Sunday, January 27, 2008

Altered letter

I love altering things. It is so much fun to take something and add your own touch to it; or better yet use it in an unexpected way. I've had this papier mache letter for quite a while ... not as long as I had Santa {see post below} but it's been sitting on my hutch waiting on me to decide which paper I would use to cover it. I finally decided the other night I wanted to put the M in my bedroom, which is painted gray. I had an unopened pack of Uptown papers from SU Fall/Winter catalog which would work perfectly.



The paint is Lilac by Making Memories, and the ribbon is Celery wide grosgrain by SU. Here is a close-up of the scallop punched flower. The center is the only stamped image on the whole piece.



I want to add more embellishments, but I don't know where. If you'd like to offer suggestions I am all ears. I don't want to overdo it, and it looks ok as is, but I'm thinking I could add something more to spice it up just a bit.

I also found a wonderful blog this morning called I {heart} 2 stamp. She has wonderful stamped projects, and a weekly card sketch. It's all lovely and very creative!

Thanks for visiting today and happy stampin'

Susan

3 comments:

mawmawjoan said...

Love the "M". Keep up the good work.

Cheryl said...

Great job with the letter. The colors are beautiful and I love that ribbon.

Debbi said...

This is beautiful!!! I really need to look for some of those letters. I would love to make one myself! TFS!