Monday, November 05, 2007

Simply Beautiful


Today's share is not a new layout, but I didn't see where I had posted it before. So, if it is a repeat, please forgive! This is my daughter and her BFF. They are the two most beautiful girls! I know all moms feel that way, so I guess it's ok to indulge myself too.

The photo is printed on textured cardstock. I was just playing around and wanted to see how a photo would look ... not bad. I changed it to a black & white photo, and the cardstock is sort of an aged ivory, so it's a nice combination. The photo is not waterproof as I unfortunately found out. But I covered the waterspot with a prima flower and voila! beautiful again!
Their names are reversed, Ellen is on the left, Erin on the right. But I put Erin's name first because it is shorter and it worked better visually, kwim? The color of the letter stickers was also too bold, so I sponged them with chocolate chip ink and it toned down the color enough to work on this page. Great, because I have too many alpha stickers anyway. I don't use them often, preferring to stamp letters as often as I am able!

The prima flowers have crystal effects and glitter in the centers, but it doesn't show up well here. You need to see it IRL. Call me, lol!

The supplies are all from Club Scrap, even the primas -- oops, except for the letter stickers, they are Marcella by K. The kit is appropriately named, Simply Beautiful.
happy stampin'
Susan

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Wonderful page! I think that is one of the prettiest kits!