Thursday, November 22, 2007

Holy Cow, I did it!

Yep ... I really did it!! I made the decorations just like I saw in the store. I'm still missing bows for the tree tops -- I don't really know how to tie a nice bow ... volunteers, anyone?? The store sample didn't have lights, but I think I am going to add white lights too. You can't really see the trees at night unless the overhead light is on, and I don't like that much light going on ... kwim?





Ok, so here they are on my fireplace ... likey?? The buckets are a really cool metallic red color. They also came in green. The trees are 4' alpine trees - like little Charlie Brown ones looking pitiful until you decorate them. A lady in line behind me at the store actually laughed at the trees and asked,"What in the world are you going to do with that pitiful thing?" Huh, the nerve!











A close up of that adorable little bear with his snow buddy.




And, this is just a close shot of the flowers ... no big deal. The poinsettias are actually a garland, so I just wrapped them around the tree and wired them in a few strategic places.




I purchased all the supplies at AC Moore on sale. Most of the supplies were 40% off, but the metal bucket and trees were 50%.



If you were wondering, NO, I didn't finish cleaning my house. But I did get the fireplace and sitting area cleaned and swept so I could make my bear trees! That's a start. I still have Friday and Saturday to clean. As soon as we get things clean enough we'll make a huge mess getting the big tree and decorations down from the attic. I also managed to wrap a few presents today. Nothing much, just some fun stuff, but we have our first gifts wrapped and awaiting a tree.



happy stampin'



Susan

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Susan your decorations look great! It really does make you feel good when you can do it yourself.