Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


I wanted to go ahead and wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are able to spend the day with people you love. Our holiday will be small this year, but that's ok. We'll have plenty of turkey left over for sandwiches!


Here are a couple of card shares for today. I don't know what my plans are for the next couple of days, so I wanted to be sure to leave several cards today. First, a shot of the 24 cards I recently completed. The paper is Dashing Designer Paper {on sale in November}, and the stamp sets are In the Spotlight and Priceless. I also used several punches, brads, etc. I may add a touch of glitter to the snow blossom punch, but I'm not sure yet. I am just glad they are done!


These will be the cards we send to family members -- hopefully with a photo of our 3 kids included. Using the Scor-Pal really helped me speed the process along. It did take me longer than I expected to finish them, but now they are done and I can start thinking about the next card design. I hope to make about 50 cards for Christmas mailing.







The next card was made by my good friend Steph. She used a die cut for the JOY lettering {edit from Steph: Abigail alphabet dies from QuicKutz}. I love the epoxy button and ribbon -- isn't that a fantastic touch?? Go Girlfriend! In case is it hard to see, the card is red, black and white ... the off white ugly behind is my table cover.





Finally, a card from the past. It was really hard to photograph, and this is the best I came out with ... but at least you can get the idea. It is a clear card made from a transparency sheet. I think they are pretty cool cards, but it's all in the eye of the beholder!




and the inside greeting ...



If I can get a better photo later, I'll replace these. I'm not sure I can do any better, but I'll keep trying. Now it's off to clean the house. Believe me, that's a really big job! I want to get it clean so we can start decorating for Christmas this weekend. If I get my project finished {mentioned yesterday} I'll post photos of that as well. It's an ambitious project for me because I have very minimal decorating savvy. I can tell you it involves 2 alpine trees, buckets, stuffed animals, floral supplies and ribbon - oh my goodness!! Wish me luck!!


happy stampin'
Susan


3 comments:

Stephanie Earls said...

Love the Christmas cards! Also wanted to let you know that the JOY letters on my card were the Abigail alphabet dies from QuicKutz. Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

good luck decorating! after you finish your house you can come to mine!

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love your Christmas Cards. They are so very pretty.
TFS,
Laurie