Friday, December 01, 2006

I can share today!

I've been holding on to a little secret. Nothing big, but I'm excited about it. I am now considered a friend of PageMaps.com - they have a lot of people on their friends team, but now I get to be one too -- woot! Here is the card I made for this month and under it a link directly to the Card Maps for December.



all images SU! © 1995-2006


December Card Maps Link


The card is made with one of my favorite sets: Snowflakes! It is such a great stamp set. I used bashful blue, not quite navy, dot print paper from a scrap kit and brushed silver cardstock. A silver brad holds the center snowflake to the card, and white grosgrain ties it all together. This card opens from the center, also called a gate-fold.

Here is the original sketch:

Scroll down for an alternative card from the same sketch.

Next, is a variation of the same sketch made with a teenager in mind. Why a teenager? Because when my son saw the sketch he said, "Hmm, looks like a record to me." The sticker reads, "My Life. Make Some Noise" This is an example of how changing the colors and focal image gives a completely different feel and look. That's why the Card Maps are so cool -- they supply you with endless ideas for creativity!


When you visit the site, you will notice it is called Page Maps. That's because it was originally created for scrapbooking. The cards are an off-shoot of the Page Maps idea. Here is the link to the home page for PAGE MAPS.

No comments: