Sunday, December 17, 2006

For a little fun

Because it's almost Christmas, I'll let you watch me dance in my elf suit:

http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=bf5cf8fdd74099ddedc97aaG06121712
Pretty funny, huh?

Today's card is sort of a technique. I used scraps to stamp an image and added the color with a rubber brayer. Directions follow...



all images SU! © 1990-2006

I used leftover pieces of glossy cardstock. You can see that each strip is a different width, so don't worry about measuring first. If you haven't played with glossy cs, you're missing a real treat. It's very versatile and produces some neat effects.

  • take several leftover pieces of glossy cardstock - In this sample I used 3 strips - don't worry about the sizes, we'll trim it down later.
  • adhere the back of cardstock to your work area with repositional adhesive to keep it stationary while stamping, leaving a slight gap between each strip of cardstock.
  • load a rubber brayer with ink - I used an autumn spectrum pad and brayer over the glossy cardstock
  • ink image with black ink and stamp on cs - use a steady hand so the image does not blur.
  • remove the stamped pieces of cardstock from your work area and trim as desired to even borders on the sides, top and bottom.
  • mount onto a second piece of cardstock - this sample uses black - then mount onto your card. Finis!

What I really like about this method is that I am able to utilize small strips and pieces of cardstock that would never be large enough for an entire stamped image. And the effect is nice.


No comments: