Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Happy Mail!!!

WARNING: THIS IS LONG.

The other day, I mentioned that I was seriously sidetracked by some HAPPY MAIL delivered to my door {from here on referred to as the BOX}. Finally, the photos are uploaded, color corrected and reduced to a manageable size so I can share.

I have to say, this was such a fun box to receive ... THANK YOU LISA! {yea, like she reads my blog ... anyway...} On Lisa Bearnson's blog she had a contest to celebrate her birthday. You had to answer some questions - which if you digest Creating Keepsakes magazine from beginning to end like I do, were easy enough to complete. The first 43 people to answer correctly would receive a *little* something in the mail. I think I was #31. woot.

So without further delay ... here is the BOX ... sitting in all it's glory ... ta da!!!


This is what I saw when I opened the BOX ...

So you see that adorable tag with my initial on it???? Isn't that perfect for a layout??

Hold on to your seats ... here is the entire box, spread out on my coffee table:

It contained a personalized, autographed book by LB {we're friends now, that's what all her friends call her}; an 8x8 album with all Heidi Swapp embellishments {this was a QVC item that makes a book of me - which is totally cool}, a mini chipboard album kit called a Flip-Flop book using various items and Chatterbox papers, and volume 3 of Lisa Bearnson's Scrapbooking {a special compliation for QVC of all the great sample layouts shown on the Creating Keepsakes QVC shows} which by the way includes yet another mini album with all the papers and embellishments to complete it !!! Am I excited yet??? You betcha!

As I was snapping pictures, first of the unopened box, then opened yet still in it's pristine state ... etc., my daughter was eye-rolling and just couldn't believe the excitement I was having over the BOX! Oh, don't get me wrong, she thought it was extra neat, and an amazing array of goodies, but yet why is mom so crazy?

Sorry to say, she hadn't seen anything yet -- after I finished my happy dance and photo taking I sat down to flip through one of the books. I started wondering if LB really took the time to make that tag? Surely not, she's pretty busy, right? That would be a lot of work making 43 tags. I'm sure an assistant made it for her. Then I started imagining the tag on a layout ... so cool, my own tag from LB. After a bit, I went back to my new stash and for some reason flipped the tag over -- WOW!!! There was a typed note, signed by LB herself!!! I went over the moon ... take a look:

Now, really who cares if LB made the tag?? She signed the back of it for me. Totally cool.

Disclaimer: I am not a freak {really}. I am not living an imaginary life thinking LB or any other scrapbooking mega-celebrities even know I exist. And I do know that we are all regular people, some using our talents more wisely than others. I do not travel to crops, nor do I frequently gush on message boards {although I do read craft blogs almost daily!!} I do most of my scrapbooking @ home, alone; most often in front of the tv. And, I really do believe that everyone should scrapbook to record their stories and keep those beautiful memories in a place where they are easily accessible, readily available and presented with love. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hope you have a HAPPY DAY too!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! THE BOX was definitely happy mail. I'm so jealous. we will sit back and laugh at our daughters one day. Joan

bethtrue said...

Susan - wow that is just so totally exciting - i don't blame you for being super excited; i know i would be too. That was awfully generous of "LB" to do that for all the winners!! She is a great lady. Anyway - have fun playing with your goodies!! Thanks for sharing with us!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

wow! lots of nice things!

Bety

Anonymous said...

WOW! How did I miss that blog?? What a great prize. Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Totally cool! What fun opening that box - I can imagine your excitement!!!

dawnmercedes said...

You are a lucky stamper these days! Saw that you won on flaxychick's blog...great prize there too...(so jealous!) Enjoy your goodies!

Susan said...

What?? Seriously?? Gotta go check that out...

Trish D said...

That really is super cool - definitely a day maker!!