Thursday, February 22, 2007

fleeting beauty


On my way home from work yesterday, as I turned on to our street, this is what I saw. The rainbow was a full arc, from horizon to horizon {or tree tops}. This rainbow was stunning! My son and I looked at it for a while, and snapped a few photos. It was so large I wasn't able to get the entire arc in my viewfinder.
Rainbows don't last a long time. We watched as the rainbows colors began to fade some, and one side of the arc began disappearing. Then it started to drizzle rain a bit, so we finally went inside.




Isn't nature beautiful? Isn't our Heavenly Father wonderful? I am in awe of His creation as I think about that beautiful spectrum of light.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rainbows are beautiful and helps me remember that thru the storms, God is there with us.
Joan

Rika said...

Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! What a reminder of God's promise & His love for us. Thanks for sharing.

Steve, Dana and Maria said...

Yes, I agree our Heavenly Father is so faithful to His promises.