Tuesday, February 05, 2008

sneak peek

{mysteriously this post disappeared yesterday ... today I found it and brought it back}
This is one card we will make at Stamp Camp on Feb. 22. It's simple, but has a few nice touches which make all the difference. Brads add dimension, a Versamarker gives just enough depth without adding additional color and the peek of yellow in the flower gives it "pop." The card also utilizes a very undervalued resource: Kraft cardstock. Kraft is a great neutral, so it goes with almsot anything. I need to make an effort to use more Kraft cardstock in my paper projects.

all images copyright SU! 1990-2008


I am thinking ... but don't hold me to it yet ... that our other project will be a mini album. That would be a great way to let the girls see our Simply Scrappin' kits and what a value they are - plus give everyone a finished mini album that only needs photos added. We all have photos, right? I don't have a preview of the album yet ... I'm still mulling it over.

In case you are wondering how I am already ahead of myself ... and if you know me, you should wonder ... I'm planning a trip to visit my sister for a long weekend before stamp camp, so I know I have to be totally prepared or else I will end up having a meltdown when I return. I don't think anyone wants to come stamp with a blubbering mess named Susan.

If you live close enough to attend, please let me know. We love guests! All the ladies who come are such fun, so I can promise you will enjoy yourself. My email is to the right ----->

happy stampin'

Susan

3 comments:

mawmawjoan said...

i'm gonna hold you to it...a mini album.....that sounds good.
Love the card. Can not wait to make it!!!

mawmawjoan said...

i wondered what happened to it. i thought maybe i scared it away!!!

Cheryl said...

Great card Susan! Have a good visit with your sister.