Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Challenges!!

There are two really good challenges online that I wanted to share. Maybe it will spark your creativity if not mine!! I've seriously got to clean my scrap/stamp space and get back to work. I'm really in a slump. I feel that any time I have needs to be directed elsewhere, but I think, dream, and breathe papercrafting ... so it's always on my mind.

Here is the first challenge on SplitCoastStampers for new color combinations:
Cool Carribbean
Whisper White
Basic Black
If you make a card, scrapbook page, or other project email it to me and I will post it here. :)

The second challenge is for scrapbookers on Susan's blog: http://elephantfreak.blogspot.com/ is from Elise's book, 52 Challenges. This week is ...

Work Your Words:
Journal on strips of cardstock, whether an
actual journaling or a favorite quote.

If you participate in this challenge, email elephantfreak so she can post on her blog. Let me know so I can go take a lookie too! I emailed a page to elephantfreak today, but it is a bit blurry so it may not be clear enough to post. But - hey - it's one page done, right??

I'm thinking about doing some advance scrapping tonight. Where I scrap w/out any photos. It works - feels a bit strange - but by premaking pages my stash gets used and it's easier to plop those photos down when I get them {or more appropirately, when I get around to them!}. It's also different from Power Scrapping where you make 20 layouts w/ photos at once. Power Scrapping is pretty cool, but you have to organize a bit before you start. With advance scrapping there's not much organization, just find some sketches you like and get to work. It's a concept recently made popular by Club Scrap. You can see some ideas on their site clubscrap.com.

No comments: