Wednesday, July 02, 2008

playing with a borrowed toy

A good friend let me borrow her scallop card die cut from Sizzix. It's sooo cool!! Not only can you cut cards, but it will work perfectly on a scrapbook page as a border. I'm going to put a page together very soon. But for today, I wanted to share a card.

This is made using the SU In Colors that are soon to be retired. I guess that will make them "Out Colors" then, right? lol. Anyway ... the cardstock is Soft Sky, River Rock and Purely Pomegranate - beautiful colors on textured cardstock. I will certainly miss them. Oh wait ... I have quite a stash, so I won't miss them right away!


The ribbon is stitched Pomegranate, and the die cuts are from the Simply Scrappin' Kit which will most likely retire on Aug. 10. {I'm just assuming it will retire since it uses mostly In Colors - and usually the kits go to make room for new ones!} I also used a rub-on sentiment from the recent Sell-A-Bration set (no longer available).

If you really want some of these colors, or kits, don't wait too late. The kits will probably be available as long as supplies last - beginning around mid-July. Also remember to order reinkers for the In Color stamp pads!

I have another card to share using the same die cut in the next post.

happy stampin'

Susan

3 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Ok now this is gorgeous! I love the scalloped card! Do you have a die number you can share?

Anonymous said...

love the card. you must have a great friend that is willing to share her dies with you.

Debbie Olson said...

What a fresh and fun card--love it!