Saturday, July 05, 2008

Altered Clipboard

I really enjoy altering items. New, used, thrift, salvage ... it's just so neat to take an item and turn it into something more personal -- or at times something totally different! Today's share is an On Board Clipboard from SU! All the On Board products were on sale a little while ago, and I bought several things planning to use them around the house. This is the first one I've actually managed to alter so far.



I started by painting the front edges and entire back of the clipboard with Making Memories Banana paint. Then I cut the 12x12 scallop edge paper {do you see a trend here with scallops? yes, I love them.} to fit. I had to piece the paper, but you can barely see the edges. One edge is under the top ribbon - nicely hidden. The other edge is to the right of the paper about 2 inches from the edge. I found a spot where the pattern was close enough to work. The edges of the paper are distressed with Chocolate Chip classic ink, sponged on. The yummie gathered edge ribbon is Basic Grey that I bought at Big Lots - yay! I love a bargain!

Here is a closer shot of the Pretties Flower. It is actually attached to the easel with glue dots - but if I decide to use the clipboard w/out the easel I can remove it and attach it to the board instead.

The flower is stamped using Tres Chic background in Regal Rose craft ink and air dried. Then I ran a distress ink pad from Ranger over the entire bloom - but it was too dark, so I wet it and patted some of the ink off - perfect! The buttons are SU! The top button was vanilla until I colored it a soft yellow with a Copic marker, and the bottom button is obviously clear but I ran a little light brown Copic over it as well to age it. I tied the hemp then glued them all together.

My plan is to make small layouts to use on the clipboard, changing them out frequently {or at least once a year, lol!}

happy stampin'

Susan

No comments: