Sunday, July 20, 2008

Always

Today I'll take a break from the scrapbooking layouts and share a card. I think this stamp set, called Always, is just beautiful! This is my favorite of the "loser" cards, ha ha.

To make today's card, I colored directly on the rubber with watercolor crayons then lightly misted the image with water before stamping. It gives you a soft image that is really nice. I did the bird the same way, but I overstamped the image to get the effect you see here. Then I cut out the bird and adhere with dimensionals. The sentiment was stamped then punches with SU's word window.


all images copyright SU! 1990-2008



As you can tell, there are score lines running around the edge of the card and a nice grid pattern behind the main image - both of which I made with the handy dandy Scor-Pal tool. The white zig-zag was made with a Martha Stewart edge punch that also embosses. Yummie stuff!

The supplies, as well as I can remember, are:
SU: Saffron, Amethyst, White and Rose cardstock, Watercolor Crayons, brads, Word Window & Ticket Corner punch and dimensionals.
Scor-Pal
Martha Stewart edge punch

If you aren't familiar with Watercolor crayons, or if you have a set but haven't used them recently, head over to Technique Junkies where Pat offers 3 free tutorials for wcc.

happy stampin'
Susan

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Terrific 'loser' card Susan.