Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm back with a card share ... finally!

Sorry for the silence! It's just been crazy here. My mother has been in & out of the hospital for 4 weeks now. Yesterday we moved her to a rehab facility to help her continue to improve. We are hoping she can return home - but the Dr. isn't being very optimistic. Let me just say, it's been more than stressful!

This card share is from our March Stamp Camp. It uses a set from Sale-a-Bration, which is no longer available. But I believe you can easily adapt the saying by using a different stamp. You can't actually see the stamping anyway -- but on the inside of the note it reads "Hello." We used a turquoise marker to omit the "s" on the end of "Hellos" and stamped. Then we stamped the envelope to read "Have a great day" using the same marker omission technique.
The letter is a Sticky Cut Letter - which just loves to stick to anything, especially cosmo glitter. I have to say ... this card is absolutely adorable in person. The photo looks good, but the card is over the top. I think anyone would love to receive this in the mail or attached to a package.



all images © 1990-2008 SU!

The colors are really all turquoise even though the letter h appears more blue in the photo. The card is a Stampin' Up! Scallop Note card. I dyed the taffeta ribbon to match. If you missed my video below be sure to check it out. I wanted to show you how I dry my ribbon in a hurry!

I still haven't drawn a name for the blog candy. I wasn't home much at all with my mother's problems, so I am extending the candy until later this week. Go comment on THIS POST to win.

happy stampin'

Susan

No comments: