Saturday, March 29, 2008

Die Cut Blooms + Rub-ons

I've been playing around with new Stampin' Up! products again. Actually - I was playing with these about 2 weeks ago ... but I haven't shared here yet, so I am pretending like it's new!

I made this card to participate in a Paper Piercing challenge on SCS. You can CLICK HERE to see all the submissions for the challenge to use piercing on a card. Some are quite fancy!

The mug has rub-ons added to it. It's cute, especially if you wanted to use the mug as a gift holder. I'm not sure I would do another mug with rub-ons because I don't think they will be permanent, especially after being washed. It's cute, but that's about it. I was hoping the rub-ons would be permanent ... but it was worth a try.

all images © 1990-2008 SU!

A closer look (below) at the piercing around the card. Stampin' Up! has a wonderful little Mat Pack template that works beautifully for piercing or spacing eyelets and brads, etc. It allows you to quickly make your marks and keep them even - that's a huge plus!


all images © 199-2008 SU!

I also like the additional texture piercing gives cardstock. It takes it a step beyond plain, yet it can still be subtle.

happy stampin'
Susan

2 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Totally adorable projects! I love the piercing on the card corners how you doubled it up! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love seeing who is visiting cause then I find cool new blogs!

mawmawjoan said...

love the card!!