Friday, March 07, 2008

Artist in residence





A recent layout of my youngest son drawing -- actually, inking to be exact. He loves comics and drawing. At one time he wanted to be a comic artist, but now I think he wants to be a writer. I wanted to use these photos in a layout to document this stage in his life -- and those curls! In the layout, I included a photo of his bulletin board that is covered in his drawings.





The title was cut with Cricut cartridge Base Camp. I didn't plan on using the negative image of the word "artist" but after I cut it I thought it looked kind of neat, so I kept the letters and used the negative image instead.


The paper is Rock Star by Die Cuts with a View or DCWV. I found a pad on clearance at Michael's. It's funky enough for layouts of my teenagers. I don't find the Rock Star papers the easiest to use, for instance ... see the Griffin? It's so cool. The image is raised and flocked and I didn't want to cover it up -- but it's large and uses a lot of space on the page. I finally decided I could cover some of it with the title and still keep the overall image in tact.


With 3 photos and the Griffin, I didn't have room left for journaling so I ran it around the photos, keeping it short and sweet. Not easy, but in the end I like the way it turned out.


If you have used the Rock Star papers, send me a link so I can see how you've used it. I could handle a few good ideas to case!!


happy stampin'
Susan





No comments: