Tuesday, June 05, 2007

reporting in ...



So, after posting that I'm hardly working, I got my act in gear {sort of, don't want to overdo it, ya know}. Today I have already been to the dentist for treatment 2 out of 3 {root canal, don't ask}; been to the bank, taken my son's car by the repair shop, mailed $50 worth of letters at the PO; had delicious potato soup for lunch and am heading out again to take my mother shopping. Whew, I better slow down before I ignite! LOL!


I think I should share the mini album I recently made of our teenagers mission trip to Mexico last summer. If you are a friend of mine, you've already seen it ... and none of you were brave enough to tell me I misspelled a word! Thank you. So when you see the page ... posting it in a few days ... just ignore the spelling error, ok??
The entire album was made with Club Scrap materials from the Surf's Up kit, except for using my Quickutz Blossom alpha dies, and a few rhinestones sprinkled here and there ... oh yes, and my new Martha cornflower punch is on a few pages, plus Making Memories square embellies on one layout. Ok, that takes care of the supplies, let's look at some pages.


These pages are of my son and daughter w/ children they were teaching in VBS. The kids were so receptive, and the simplest things made them thrilled. They were in La Mesa, Mexico in these two photos.



This shows the homes in the area. Simple, most were painted blue ... if painted at all. The rock fences were a really big deal to the home owners. The animals are all free range, so I guess the fence keeps the animals out of the yards, not to mention it defines their property lines. Notice how much smaller the door to the house is than my son. He is 6' 2", so tall, but not a giant as he looks in this photo!! These photos were made in San Ramone.


I'll post more later this week. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did not notice misspelled word - was it in english or spanish?
i'm working hard this afternoon. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!