Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Challenge - Are you dowdy?

all images © SU! 1990-2007

Before we get into the challenge, I wanted to share a card I fell in Love with today; created by Cyndee Rush. The subtle colors work perfectly with the slightly distressed images and cardstock. I think I am going to be forced to case this card ... but I don't have the same stamp set, so I'll have to find another one that will work.

This weekend's challenge is due in large part to the discussions this week on the entry of Martha Stewart into the scrapbooking market. There are two specific articles to which I am referring, and if you are interested in reading them click White Trash Hobby and Dowdy Crafts.

I found the media take on scrapbooking to be hilarious. Evidently we crafters are quite an undesirable lot! Scrapbookers are described as dowdy, quaint, mundane, bad cooks and have ugly homes {quote: "including legions of Middle Americans who may never have used her tips on home decor or holiday cooking"} Let me be clear -- this is the media talking, not MS herself. Don't blame her {yet}!

So our challenge this week is two-fold:


  1. Create a scrapbook page to be proud of and

  2. then go submit it online to Martha's Scrapbook Contest.

If you happen to be the winner -- be sure to let me know!! Wouldn't that be cool????


Disclaimer: I have not seen Martha's products, so I can not comment on them {thankfully!}

No comments: