Saturday, April 29, 2006

Stamp Time!



all images copyright 1995-2006 Stampin' Up!

Did I mention that I like to stamp? No, I LOVE to stamp! It's such fun. I think because I can start and finish a project in one sitting. I love to scrapbook too, but the process takes me longer to complete.

The card above was an invitation to my stampin' girlfriends. The background is stamped using a college type of technique, frequently called a One Sheet Wonder. It's so simple and wonderful for mass producing cards.

Take a full sheet and randomly stamp images. I try to use 3 colors of ink for variety and depth - more than 3 colors could be overwhelming and busy. You need to stamp the images closely. I even stamp some images on top of others. By stamping the images close you avoid a lot of empty space when you cut the sheet apart.

After you are finished stamping, cut your cardstock for cards. In this example I just cut the cardstock in fourths to make a background. But, you can cut your cardstock in many shapes and sizes for multiple cards. It may help you to draw a cutting diagram on the reverse side of the cardstock. Start with rectangles. Once you see the space divided up, you may venture further by dividing up the rectangles into squares or triangles.

After you're finished cutting the stamped sheet, begin to mat the images and make cards. It's a great way to use up scraps too. Use the scraps for matting the stamped images. I've seen others make anywhwere from 4 - 12 cards from one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 inch cardstock. Pretty cool.

No comments: