Saturday, April 22, 2006

Shaving Cream Technique

all images copyright 1995-2006 Stampin' Up!

This is a fun technique, you can use it to make backgrounds for cards, stationary, envelopes, etc. Use your imagination! The paper smells nice too. In the example above, I used pretty in pink and barely banana reinkers.

Use a shallow rectangular pan for shaving cream, spread it around to cover the entire pan (peaks are ok). Drop 2 - 3 colors of reinker in the shaving cream, then take a knife and swirl the color enough to create a marbled look but not so much that the colors mix and get muddy.

Take your cardstock and place on top of the shaving cream making sure all the cardstock comes in contact w/ the shaving cream. Carefull lift the cardstock and wipe with a paper towel, set aside to dry. Cut and use as needed.
If you make a Shaving Cream Card, I would love to see it! Email it to me and I may post it here or in my Art Gallery HERE

No comments: