Friday, November 07, 2008

Santa Tag

Hooray, I am completing this week's Copic challenge in a timely fashion! That's significant since I have been less than prompt the previous two weeks. Keri and I are incorporating a tag element for this week's challenge. Here is mine:



Originally I was planning to add a tag to a card, but ... I kind of like this tag just as it is. I have a second tag with a different image that is not complete so I may try it on a card for comparison.

Do you like the red rhinestones? Guess what - they were clear until I colored them with a Copic marker! Now they are the perfect shade for Santa's hat, cool beans!

To create this tag I stamped the image, colored with Copic markers, scribbled several markers on a palette and picked them up with a cotton ball saturated with blender solution and dabbed it outside the image area. I also overstamped with Weathered background from SU.

happy stampin'

supplies: Santa image (Inkadinkado); shipping tag, felt ribbon, felt snowflake, weathered background (SU), rhinestones (Hero Arts), Copic markers, Memento inks.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a terrific tag Susan. You know it would be perfect on a Christmas tree as an ornament.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

OH yeah this is soooo cool!!! I *hope* I can get my computer working so I can upload my photos!!!

K