Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Serenity Song

This is a new stamp I just received from Artistic Outpost. AO has some really great images - which is not a good thing for me! I ended up ordering {cough} sets from them last week, and they arrived on my doorstep in just a few days. So far, this is the only one I have inked up - but I do have plans for the others!

I wanted to play around with the Colorless Blender solution from Copic this week. It's a neat liquid, but doesn't do what I would expect. As an artist (in my earlier years), I would expect a blender to meld colors and blend them together - instead the Copic blender solution actually pushes color away. The blender (solution or pen) can also remove color! Keri will be posting a card using Color Blender techniques on her blog soon. Check out Keri's blog post here.



To make this card I stamped the image in Paris Dusk Memento ink and heat set it. I colored randomly with R11, Y11 and G12 Copics. Then I spritzed the entire piece with colorless blender. After it dried (only a few seconds), I went back in with the blender pen and continued to push color or remove color from strategic spots. I colored the vanilla taffeta ribbon with BV17 to match the Making Memories pattern paper.



The reason you see my fingers in this photo is because the card opens from the top and every photo I took looked distored because the flap didn't lie completely flat. So where you see my thumb, is actually where the card opens. The ribbon below is simply decorative.


happy stampin'

3 comments:

mawmawjoan said...

cute card. are you going to have a class on using the copic markers?
started to buy some yesterday, but wasn't sure "where to start"

Cheryl said...

Very nice card Susan! Love the colors here.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Sooo cool!!! I just got mine loaded...what a week it has been here! :)