Saturday, October 04, 2008

Happy WCMD!

Today is World Cardmaking Day! What a great day to steal away time to craft (but I have to work, poo)! So to compensate, I am hosting an event next Friday (Oct. 10) for WCMD. The event is in my sidebar ---> and will be a fundraiser for our local Senior Center. I hope we have a good turnout. Everyone who attends will leave with 8 cards - but the best part is that 100% of the money will go to the Sr. Center. All the card making supplies are donated!

Today's card uses a technique JanTink calls "moonlighting". It is a nice effect which can be used to highlight an element of your image too.



all images © SU! 1990-2008

The images were colored with rockin' Copics and the background was sponged (just wait until my air brush arrives!!). Everything else is from SU! I hope you like them because I love to read your comments (hint, hint).

happy stampin'

Susan

3 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh this is GLORIOUS!!!! I love how you have done this card Susan...you Copic Rockstar You....want to start a weekly Copic Challenge with me???

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Susan - this is beautiful. I love the colors...congratulations on your recent copic certification. I have just recently started using them and can't wait to learn more. I love your blog and look forward to visiting it as often as I can, I would like to say everyday, but ... Thank you for sharing your wonderful work and I hope you have a great weekend.

Cheryl said...

Wonderful card Susan! I really like that technique and need to give it a try again.