Thursday, October 02, 2008

Lots to share today!

I am totally excited to share this news:







I am a Copic Certified Designer/Instructor! This is something I wanted to do for personal growth, and it was such a great experience. The instructor, Marianne, was awesome. She held our attention and taught us so much - despite the late delivery of class materials by UPS. I have a few more photos to share. But first ... more news ...



I have a card in the November issue of Papercrafts magazine (on page 79). I am one of the winners in the Stamping Royalty contest. My card won in the category of two-step stamping! woo hoo! I am happy to finally have the magazine in my hand and actually see my card in print. And ... my tablemate at the Copic Class is also a Stamping Royalty winner. Laura's card won in the masking category and her card is an adorable herd of cows! I didn't know this until I got home yesterday and opened the magazine - congratulations Laura!



Back to the Copic marker class details. The ladies at my table were wonderful. I met 2 ladies, Broni and Karen, who actually don't live too far from me, so I hope we will be able to get together and stamp sometime. I finally met Keri Lee - who I have been pestering for a while now emailing with questions and what-nots. And, the other 2 ladies, Kerry and Laura, were from outside the DC area, not too far from where my sister lives!

My husband took the day off work and drove down with me. He was convinced that we drove further than anyone else there (3.5 hours) ... imagine his surprise when I told him 2 of my tablemates drove 8 hours, and another lady there came all the way from New Hampshire! He was amazed - silly person, he should know papercrafting is serious business. While I was in class, he did a little sightseeing, riding a tourbus with all senior citizens! He is a sweetheart.

Now for the photos I promised:

Laura, Broni and Karen during the workshop - after lunch, but before our cookie break. (Notice the marker wallet? It does not belong to me ... unfortunately ... it is Keri Lee's and she has a great story to go along with it)

Marianne showing us the marker refills and giving instruction about how to fill them without ruining our clothes! Below you see Broni taking a closer look.


The next two photos I lifted off Broni's blog: Splashes of Watercolor. I hope she doesn't mind. Actually, I did send her a comment to ask permission, but I didn't wait to hear back from her. oops.

Keri Lee and me - we look so serious! (do I always make this face when stamping? ugh.)

Kerry and Laura from Virginia. Kerry actually shared an awesome website with me called oozak.com that sells Copic markers and supplies (thanks Kerry!). So guess what I did this morning? I ordered the ABS-1 airbrush system. Am I naughty, or what?

happy stampin'

Susan

5 comments:

mawmawjoan said...

You go girl!!!!!! I think I need your autograph now!
OK - when are you going to teach a class using the copics - hmmmm better go buy me some first.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations Susan! I've been wondering where you've been. I don't even have one of those markers yet.

Congratulations on being published also. WAY to go......

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Ok that was wayyyyy too fun!!! I don't have mine up yet because I have to get them off my Dh's camera! LOL Ugh!!!

Broni said...

Susan!!! Do you know I had that magazine in my car the whole time we were in class on Wednesday?? It had come in the mail Tuesday and I threw it in the car just in case I had time to read it. Of course, I didn't. It's still in the car!! A huge congratulations on being chosen Stamping Royalty!!!

You did not need my permission to "borrow" the photos. Yours are great! Well, except for me being in them!

I'm so glad you listed that oozak website, because I know I wrote it down but I couldn't find it. So I'm on my way to order the airbrush system too!

I'm so glad we met at this class. We will definitely be staying in touch!!

Laura said...

Susan, it was so great to meet you at the class! I was in a bit of a mind-fog yesterday from the lack of sleep, but today is much, much better!
It is so funny about both having cards in the royalty issue and not knowing it. I loved the card you made!
I hope you stay in touch, and let me know if you are going to stop by Angela's when you visit your sister.
Ps..love your blog!