Sunday, July 08, 2007

do you have extra supplies ?

Don't we all have more craft supplies than we'll probably ever be able to use? I know that I certainly do. Well, I've found a wonderful charity to donate a huge box of 12x12 papers to, and I wanted to post the information in case you wanted to donate some items too.

Stefanie Hamilton is planning to work with a support program that she claims literally saved her life while she was undergoing cancer treatments. The program is called LifeSpring, and Stefanie is seeking donations to help each participant to make a journal.



You can read the entire post here: Stefanie's Request
And, this is a portion of the email Stefanie sent me this week:

Thanks so much for offering to donate supplies to the
LifeSpring program.
It really helped me to regain so much of my life, and
I don't want the program to end due to lack of funding. Therefore, I'm doing all I can to lessen the financial impact of the classes on the participants.I will be collecting all of the supplies and sorting through them. What we can't use for classes will be sold at a scrapbooking garage sale (hopefully in September), and the proceeds will go to the program. I'm hoping to be able to raise enough money through the garage sale to sponsor some of the participants who can't afford the program, because the grant ends in August. So you can be sure that your generous donation of supplies will go directly to help cancer patients in enhancing their quality of life while they are undergoing treatment. In the future, I will be attempting to usethe LifeSpring program to do half-day workshops for cancer patients, where we will be exploring healing through art. I would not be able to do this without the support of people like yourself, so thank you so much!!!


Stefanie has successfully completed treatment for breast cancer. If you've ever been close to a person going through cancer treatments, you have some idea of the dificulty they go through. Cancer treatments are rough. There is nothing pretty about it.


If you have anything extra around your house, consider sending a box to Stefanie. It will do another person good.

No comments: