Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Easy peasy graduation card

all images ©1990-2007 SU!



It's that time of year when your mailboxes fill up with graduation announcements! This year we received 3 and sent out 1. This card is from ones I made last year, but didn't need. Both schools in our county use black and gold, so I could make all the cards the same -- which was a nice time saving bonus! The cap was made using the SU square punch, a brad and thread. The sentiment is from a birthday set -- and I can't recall the name at the moment! And the caps on the background were stamped in summer sun ink which creates a monochromatic effect so it is not too busy.

Disclaimer: it's possible I cased this idea from someone ... however, being a year old I can not remember. {Hey - I can't remember a lot of things from last week, much less last year!} So ... if you think this looks familiar, email me and I will try to give credit where credit is due!

Also, please note I've added two fun items to the side bar ... a quote of the day {which I hope will be great for cards and scrapbooks} and a fun little hangman game for when you are bored. Today's quote is pretty funny: I've always been interested in people, but I've never liked them. Do you ever feel that way too???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like this graduation card - like you say, it's simple yet striking! I know what you mean when you wrote "this could be a CASE" - I have so many ideas in my head from others' blogs, how would I ever know?! Good quote too - I certainly do feel like that - luckily it's not often! : )