Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thinking of you

The colors in the Blue Hill Collection by Crate Paper are just lovely. They are soft, and slightly distressed which make a combo of my favorites! This sketch is from Papercrafts magazine website, but I can't find the link again so I believe the sketch must have been taken down.

The square behind the Prima flowers is a Nestabilities scallop edge die (love them), edged with distress ink from Ranger. A brad fits the flower center with the sentiment, "thinking of you" stamped from a Studio G $1 set. The brad is called Brad Builder from SU - it is blank so you can customize it and comes with a clear pebble to cover. I pierced the edges of the diagonal strip and rounded the card corners for interest.





Here is a better look at the flower and brad detail:



That's all for today. We're packing for our trip! My youngest son and his friend are going too - his friend has never been to DC so we are planning a lot of tourist activities! I am so looking forward to visiting my sister and sight-seeing with the boys. Hopefully nothing will go wonky with the blog posts - I may have time to check in while we're gone.

happy stampin'

Susan

No comments: