Thursday, August 28, 2008

Embossed Butterflies!

I realize it's the end of summer, so the butterflies won't be with us too much longer. Better get this card share in before winter hits! {haha, in our area of the south, winter barely arrives}.

Anyway ... these sweet little critters were made using a new Cuttlebug die and embossing folders. Really a neat idea to have a die with 3 different embossing folders to add patterns to the image. I liked it so much I bought it even though I didn't have a coupon to use! How's that?



After embossing the butterflies, I rubbed the cardstock with ink to emphasize the pattern. The paper is once again - you guessed it - Blue Hill collection from Crate Paper. There is a faint pattern to the cardstock that isn't really showing up in the photo - but trust me, it's there.

I had to cover the inside of the card with white cardstock because the reverse pattern of the paper was overwhelmingly busy! In hindsight, I wish I had cut the inside cardstock slightly smaller to leave a nice patterned border ... maybe I'll remember that for next time. The white seemed a little plain, so a little butterfly decided to sit on the inside too.

This will give you a better look at the embossing from the Cuttlebug folder - plus you can see where I sponged a slight shadow under the raised wings:

The butterflies are raised on dimensionals. The sentiment is once again - a Studio G $1 stamp - those are coming in very handy lately. The ribbon is Offray. I punched the sentiment with a Marvy rectangle scallop punch. BTW - have you seen the new Marvy punches? They are HUGE! I don't know where you would even store those if you had more than one or two of them.

happy stampin'
Susan

No comments: