Sunday, March 19, 2006

Things I know

Turning 40 was no big deal for me. People love to tease about the *big* birthday, etc. But I felt no different at 40 than I did at 30 (for the most part, anyway). However, turning 41 has been a totally different story! I don't know why but I've really started looking inward, and outward at my life. I am confused sometimes about what my goals should be, what plans I should be making now that I am middle-aged. I'm not where I thought I would be at this age... I'm not completely sure where I expected to find myself at 41, but some things in my life are just not what I had hoped for, and I feel terribly guilty at times for feeling that way, and I often think I am being selfish to feel less than content at times. So, this morning in church, I thought ... "since I feel like I don't know so much anymore, why don't I start focusing on the things that I do know." So here's the beginning of my list of "Things I Know"
  1. I know I love my husband more than anyone else in the world.
  2. I know that my husband loves me with unconditional love.
  3. I know that my husband is one of the kindest persons I've ever met.
  4. I know that I love my 3 kids.
  5. I know that they love me, imperfections and all, and that all the eye-rolling is temporary.
  6. I know that my children are happy and secure.
  7. I know that my home is a nice place to be ( I didn't say it was my dream home, or that is it always clean).
  8. I know that I have 3 or 4 exceptional friends that I can count on in any situation.
  9. I know that I love papercrafting ... possibly even obsessed with it.
  10. I know that things will be ok.

No comments: