Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sketch 28


Woo hoo! I'm getting my Christmas cards done one at a time! I've got to find some time to sit down for a marathon and finish up, but until then I'll be happy with any progress I make.


This week the sketch at Unscripted Sketches is awesome! As usual, I modified my project quite a bit, but thankfully the US gals encourage that (whew). First, here is the sketch:



Now, my interpretation ~ flipped and condensed :



I hope you can see the elements I used from the sketch ... the 3 embellishments on one side, and 1 on the opposite, the sticker across the bottom, the square frame, etc. I like this one so much I plan to make a few more.


Now for fun, I want to show you the base card cut using a Cricut machine:


Yep, plain Jane (no offense to Jane). It's amazing what a little paper piecing and a few well placed embellishments can do for a card's confidence. hehe.

Hop on over to Unscripted Sketches and give the sketch a try. Be sure to use Mr. Linky so we can check out your projects too!

Supplies: Crafty Secrets sentiment (clear stamp), SU cardstock, Basic Grey Figgy Pudding pattern paper, pearls, Cricut Winter Wonderland cartridge, Memento Cocoa ink.

happy stampin',

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this card Susan! The paper pieced trees are fantastic! Beautiful take on this weeks sketch!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is amazing I love everything about it!!! Beth

Caryl P said...

Wow I can't believe how far that card came, beautiful work on this one Susan!

Sarah said...

WOW you really did a great job with this. I can't believ your before and after shots!!! Awesome.

Debby said...

Gorgeous! and yes I see the sketch. wowza!