Friday, December 26, 2008

Holiday Frame

Happy Holidays! Christmas day is officially over, but I am lingering in the holiday spirit by staying inside, warm & dry, and avoiding any hint of after Christmas sales!


Today I wanted to show you a frame that I made before Christmas, but just didn't have time to photograph until now. And, I must say, today was a terrible day for photography - it's gray and rainy. But I decided better now than later, so onward we'll press ...




My favorite (besides the photo of my kids) are the FaLaLa letters by Making Memories ... delicious and glittery! I just love them! After looking at the photo, I am going back to add a ribbon on the stamped tag. It looks so naked! (I guess you can tell I am embellishment challenged, it's hard for me to pile it on!)


The frame was unfinished when I bought it. I took Cranberry ink refill (SU!) and thinned it with water and painted it on the wood. Then, after drying, I waxed the finish for a nice subtle sheen. I plan to use this frame each Christmas. I may change out the photos, or I may make a matching frame next year. I'm just not sure yet. There are plenty of options, because the paper is 12x12, so if I decide not to use it again, it can also go in a scrapbook!

You may remember the tag from this post: Santa Tag

happy stampin'

No comments: