Sunday, January 25, 2009

Birthday Banner

What a bad blogger I have been! It's been far too long since I've posted here ... and even longer since I posted an original project. I hope you won't hold it against me!

Things have not been the same {or would that be sane?} since Thanksgiving. We had family in over the holidays, and I was working secretly on a surprise birthday party for my husband on January 10. I mailed out pages for family and friends to complete to add to a memory book for him {ahem ... still waiting on a few to be returned ... } so I was working on his book, plus sneaking out with my friends to make decorations, order food, send invitations, etc.

I really hope to get back to a more regular schedule posting on this blog. Maybe if you all will say a little prayer for me to get some organization back into my life it would help! For those waiting on the blog candy ... it's coming! I will pick a winner tonight and have some info up Monday. Since I've been so slack I guess it better be something worthwhile, right?

Today I am sharing the banner we used for hubby's party. Everything was made using SU! cardstock and a few of my favorite tools: Cricut machine and Storybook Cartridge, Big Shot die cutter and Cuttlebug embossing folders. Somehow we didn't get a photo of the banner up at the party, so I hung it in our bedroom and took a few photos to share here.

First the whole baner -- it's kind of big:



Now, closer shots:







I really wanted to bling it up and use ink to highlight the embossing but I just ran out of time! It served the purpose, and I think everyone liked it anyway, lol! Now what do you suppose I should do with a large banner post-party??

happy stampin'

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looks like a wonderful banner Susan! Glad all is well.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Susan - I'm glad things are going well. Happy belated birthday to your husband. I love this banner - the colors are outstanding. Also, I like your new picture. Glad to hear from you and can't to see what you have coming up.

mawmawjoan said...

Love the banner. Did you do that all my yourself? Love the new photo - what is that little bit of green showing?